Information about the summer school
The 55th Summer School of Slovak Language and Culture Studia Academica Slovaca will take place on 4th August - 24th August, 2019.
The registration is planned:
on Sunday August 4th, 2019 (11.00 am – 7.00 pm) at the reception desk of the dormitory / hotel Družba
During the registration:
- you will get information about the summer school program;
- you will get information about the summer school accommodation;
- you will receive breakfast coupons;
- you will receive meal vouchers (instead of dinners);
- you will receive bus tickets for the first day;
- you will sign Consent to Personal Data Processing;
- you will pass oral part of the summer school placement testing (in case you are not complete beginner). Oral testing will take place from 1.30 pm to 7.00 pm.
In case you arrive later this night, you will get the room key from the receptionist and you will register for the summer school the next morning.
B. (only in special cases when the registration is not possible on Sunday)
on Monday August 5th, 2019 (7am - 8am) at SAS office (Faculty of Arts, Gondova 2, 4th floor, room No. 415)
(The first staff meeting will be held on Monday August 5th (8am - 9am), so please make sure you come over for the registration before 8am.)
You can find more details about the second day of Summer School SAS here.
Classes will be held at the Faculty of Arts, Comenius University in Bratislava.
Faculty of Arts CU
814 99 Bratislava
MAP - how to get from the dormitory / hotel Družba to the Faculty of Arts
Besides the language course, we are planning a special program for you on August 19th — 22nd. It will give you an opportunity to learn Slovak language through art activities.
We would like to invite you to join our workshops. You will work with professional language teachers, who are artists at the same time, in following areas:
- creative writing
- fine arts
More information: https://apply.e-slovak.sk/workshop/
Accomodation for the participants is provided by dormitory / hotel Družba.
VI Družba UK / Hotel Družba
841 04 Bratislava
You can find directions how to get to Družba here.
- there is a cable internet access in the rooms
- please bring your own towel (towels are available only for the hotel guests)
- there is a laundry room in the building
Taking a tram is the best way of travelling from the dormitory / hotel Družba to the Faculty of Philosophy.
In case you use the tram only once a day, a normal ticket is more convenient for you:
- 15 minutes ticket: 0,70 € (for one bus/tram only)
- 30 minutes ticket: 0,90 € (including changing buses/trams)
- 60 minutes ticket: 1,20 € (including changing buses/trams)
Information about the public transportation is available at: www.imhd.sk.
A. In case you are a European Union citizen, the European Health Insurance Card is enough.
B. In case you are not a European Union citizen, make sure you have an extra travel insurance.
Healthcare for Summer School SAS participants will be provided by:
MUDr. František Pisarčík
Družba - block D2
Monday: 7.30 - 13.30
Tuesday: 11.00 - 17.00
Wednesday: 7.30 - 13.30
Thursday: 7.30 - 13.30
Friday: 7.30 - 13.30
In case you are a student, do not forget to bring your student card with you - the most recognized is the ISIC card. You will be able to benefit from various student discounts with it.
Fees for self-paying participants: